Personal identification information
Mark’s Diamonds may collect personal identification information from users to better assist users with accessing and utilizing the services available on our website. The information collected from a user is only the information voluntarily submitted to us directly including but not limited to name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, etc. Additional information may be collected based on a user’s profile including date of birth, anniversaries, ring sizes, purchase history, among other service-oriented information. A user may use the site anonymously but may limit the full accessibility and capability of the website.
Non-personal identification information
When using the Mark’s Diamonds website, you may utilize our website for browsing purposes without providing any personal information. We may collect non-personal identification information about a user whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, technical information about users means of connection to our site, operating systems, domain name, etc. This information is collected to enhance your experience on our website. Under no circumstance is information, either personal or non-personal, ever given, sold, or rented to Third Party Services.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Mark’s Diamonds may collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To process a purchase order and verify a user’s identity
- We require the information necessary to fulfill an order and verify a purchaser’s identity.
- To run and operate our Site
- We may need your information display content on the site correctly.
- To improve customer service
- Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- We may use generic user information to understand how our users as a group use the services and resources provided on our site.
- To improve our website
- We may use feedback you provide to us to improve our products and services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other site features
- To send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails
- We may use the email address to send user information and updates pertaining to their on-line orders. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent a user’s personal identification information to other parties. We may share generic demographic based information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers to better your website experience as well as purposes outlined above.
If a user decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product information, service information, and/or events.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites. These additional sites and/or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
To reduce the risk of fraudulent activities, we may collect and submit personal information to proper authorities and agencies. This can be done at the discretion of Mark’s Diamonds as we deem necessary. Information sent to third party fraud agencies is only information provided by individual users on our website.
This document was last updated on October 27th, 2018.