When celebrities get engaged, everyone is anxious to see the ring! Many celebrity rings are big and extravagant, but we are seeing a trend of colored gemstones and more dainty, humble choices instead. Of course, the styles vary from couple to couple. Like many other Denver engagement ring stores, we’ve noticed some engagement ring trends with this past year’s slew of celebrity engagements. Here are the highlights that stood out most to us!
The simplest type of engagement ring is the solitaire because the ring consists of only one stone. In an engagement ring, the stone is usually a diamond. However, you can always choose another gemstone as the center.
In 2019, the solitaire engagement ring sits upon the fingers of some high profile celebrities. The solitaire engagement rings range in size from about two carats to around 15 carats. The solitaire engagement rings may include emerald cut, oval and round diamonds.
January 2019 Announcements
- JJ Lane gave a three and a half carat emerald cut diamond.
- Katherine Schwarzenegger is wearing a six to seven carat oval solitaire.
February 2019 Announcements
- Jennifer Lawrence received a three to five carat emerald cut diamond.
- Brittany Snow shows off a two carat round cut diamond.
March 2019 Announcements
- Jennifer Lopez got a 10 to 15 carat emerald cut diamond.
July 2019 Announcements
- Sarah Hyland receives a five-carat oval cut diamond.
- Elle King also receives a large round cut diamond solitaire ring (solitaire settings are certainly popular with celebrities in 2019!)
When you want something more than a solitaire engagement ring, you should consider a halo setting. The halo setting consists of a center diamond or other gemstone and has surrounding accent stones. The accent stones may also include diamonds or other gemstones.
The halo setting has a definite positive. The arrangement of the stones makes the center stone appear larger. Depending on the accent stones, the center stone may appear almost a half carat larger. The celebrities that wear the halo engagement rings include:
- Melissa Benoist wears a three carat diamond center stone beginning in February, 2019.
- Savannah Chrisley dawns a five carat diamond center stone which has 18 round accent stones surrounding it. Her fiancé gave her the ring in December, 2018.
- Orlando Bloom went a different route with Katy Perry’s halo engagement ring. The halo ring is in the shape of a flower. But, the center stone is a two carat ruby. The ring does not lack diamonds. The halo consists of eight round diamonds totaling around two and a half carats.
Another popular style for celebrity engagements in 2019 is the cushion cut. The cushion cut is a combination of a square and round cut diamond. The diamond shape is square or rectangular but has round corners. The celebrities that wear a cushion cut engagement ring include:
- Raven Gates has a two to two and a half carat cushion cut diamond center stone which she received in June, 2019.
- Hilary Duff wears a three to four carat square cushion cut engagement ring which she received on Mother’s Day 2019.
Denver Engagement Ring Stores like Mark’s Diamonds Will Help You Choose The Perfect Ring
Out of all Denver engagement ring stores, Mark’s Diamonds goes above and beyond when it comes to customer service. Our team will go to new heights to find the perfect engagement ring for your sweetheart. Our jewelers will work with you to select the perfect ring or even design a custom ring made just for your partner. We offer a variety of cuts, from solitaire cuts, halo cuts, cushion cuts, and more.
Tell us your vision of the ring you wish to present your future bride. We will help you fulfill that vision.