Bridal jewelry is such an important part of your wedding day, but unfortunately often gets overlooked. Many brides lump their jewelry in as an “accessory” like shoes and veil but it is really in a category all of its own. As Cherry Creek jewelers, we know better than anyone that bridal jewelry has the potential to enrich your wedding day wedding day and bring back memories every time you wear it (which, by the way, can be more often than you think).
Here are some do’s and don’ts to make the absolute most of your bridal jewelry!
As Cherry Creek jewelers, we know how to use earrings, regardless of the occasion! For weddings, there’s a secret formula to getting it right: choose a pair of earrings that, above all, compliments your facial features and hair style. A basic rule of thumb is if your hair is down, choose shorter earrings like studs and if your hair is up, choose longer earrings.
- Do: Fix your hair and have your veil on when you are picking out your earrings. It is not good to find out the day of your wedding that your hair or veil will catch on your earrings.
- Don’t: Don’t overdo it. If you are already wearing a tiara and necklace and have an embellished neckline, you don’t need to have long earrings as well. Find a good balance and don’t feel like you have to wear every type of jewelry.
When choosing your jewelry, don’t go too far outside of your own style and comfort zone. You do not have to wear completely formal jewelry if that naturally isn’t your style. Sticking to what you know will make you more comfortable and ensure that you will wear your jewelry again. When you invest in high quality bridal jewelry that compliments your style, you can wear it often and be reminded of all your wonderful wedding moments.
Beautiful bangles, a delicate cuff or a sparkling diamond bracelet can add that extra sparkle to your look.
- Do: Wear a bracelet that goes very well with your ring. Remember, your hands are going to get the close-up treatment in photos so be sure it matches the metal and style of your ring.
- Don’t: Don’t wear a watch. Even if you do find a completely gorgeous watch, there is just something about a watch that doesn’t say “timeless beauty” (no pun intended).
The saying “something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue” is still a great way to put together your bridal jewelry ensemble. Don’t be afraid to mix and match jewelry that has meaning and history–it’s one of our favorite things to see as Cherry Creek jewelers! You don’t have to buy a complete set brand-new from a jewelry store to look beautiful. Wear your grandmother’s earrings with your mother’s bracelet and a new pair of earrings that you fell in love with when you saw them on a date with your then fiance. As long as the pieces compliment each other and fall inside the same style and era, you should use the jewelry as a way to express yourself and your personal history.
You don’t have to limit yourself to diamonds! As Cherry Creek jewelers, we understand how a carefully selected mix of jewelry pieces can elevate a bride’s outfit. From using different colored jewels to your birthstone or even a gemstone that compliments your bouquet colors, there are so many other avenues to travel down.
- Do:Accentuate your décolletage with the right necklace.
- Don’t:Don’t wear a necklace with an asymmetrical neckline. The neckline is already decoration enough, so don’t distract from it with a necklace.
Your wedding dress should be your starting point for jewelry. If your dress has detailing, make sure your jewelry matches the color or metal. Also, keep the same general style and era between your dress and your jewelry. Your dress, jewelry, and accessories create a complete look, so make sure nothing sticks out negatively.
Get creative and use your bridal jewelry to express yourself. You only have one wedding day, so make sure your jewelry is exactly what you want it to be. Don’t wait until the last minute to decide on your jewelry. Treat it just like your dress, and give yourself at least two months to have your jewelry picked out, ordered, and received. Be sure to try everything on with your dress.
Contact the best Cherry Creek jewelers- Mark’s Diamonds- if you want beautiful bridal jewelry in the Denver area. With over 35 years of experience in diamonds and helping brides find the perfect jewelry, Mark’s Diamonds will offer you the personal touch and expertise you need. As Cherry Creek jewelers, we specialize in providing our clientele with stunning necklaces, earrings, bracelets, jewelry rings, and (of course!) engagement rings. Visit Mark’s Diamonds online or in our showroom in Cherry Creek North to look at our selection and learn more.